Summer is here and with her comes the hot, hot heat...which I love! Things have been heatin' up in Brooklyn with a few days of 80 degree weather and tonight on my walk home I could only think of two things: salad and rosé. BLT salad seemed like the right choice with crisp romaine, juicy tomatoes, and bacon, which doesn't really need an adjective, does it? Putting bacon in a salad is probably the only way I can eat salad and not immediately want a brownie afterwards. I added avocado because why not. If you have it, I bet corn would be a great addition. I served a quick, light and creamy buttermilk dressing on the side. Patio + this salad+rosé+ potato chips=Happy Summer!
BLT Salad with Avocado and Creamy Buttermilk-Chive Dressing
- 8 strips of bacon
- 2 hearts of romaine
- 1/2 pint of grape tomatoes
- 1 avocado
- 2 tablespoons buttermilk
- 1-1/2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 2 tablespoons white vinegar
- 1 tablespoon chopped chives
- pepper to taste
- Cook the bacon. I like mine a bit chewier but make it how you like it! Put bacon aside on a plate lined with a paper towel to drain off.
- Chop the romaine tomatoes, and avocado. Add to salad bowl.
- Chop up the bacon and add it to the bowl too.
- In a lidded jar, add buttermilk, mayo, vinegar, pepper, and chives. Pop the lid on and shake!
- Toss the salad with or with out dressing and serve!