I've been hard pressed to find a store-bought hummus that I like. After I realized how easy it is to make at home, I don't even bother looking in stores anymore.
What makes home made hummus the best is that you can choose what you want to add in! After picking up some beets at the grocery store, I decided to add them to my hummus recipe for additional flavor and nutrients. Beets have many nutritional benefits including being high in vitamin c, folate, potassium, magnesium, manganese and fiber!
Adding the beets gave the hummus a lovely rosy pink color. I've been snacking on it with carrots and crackers and adding it to my salad bowls.
- 1 1/4 cups cooked chickpeas
- 2 tbsp tahini
- 1/4 cup olive oil
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 2 beets, roughly chopped
1. Add all ingredients to a food processor.
2. Pulse until all ingredients are combined and mixture is smooth, adding more olive oil as needed.
3. Store hummus in the refrigerator. Hummus will last for about a week.